Junior Members are those boys and girls who are under 18 years of age on the 1st January of the current subscription year.
Juniors Under 12 Years
In the interest of Health and Safety, an adult relative or official guardian must accompany junior members under the age of 12 on the course.
Juniors 12 to 15 Years
Junior members under the age of 16 and with a handicap greater than 24 (boys) or 34 (girls) should be accompanied by a full, intermediate or 5-day member.
All Junior Members must report to the Professional's shop before commencing play on the course and may only tee off during peak times if accompanied by an adult member.
Junior Coaching 2022
Driffield Golf Club Under 16’s Golf Coaching
Getting the right start in golf is paramount to becoming a good player. Here at Driffield Golf Club we are keen to see new golfers coming through. If you have friends or relatives with children interested in learning to play golf, then please contact the Professional’s Shop.
Junior Group Coaching Times
During Term Times: Every Saturday!
Starting at 12:30-13:30 (Under 10's/ Beginners) or 14:00-13:00 (Over 10's/ Experienced)
School Holidays: Please look out on this notice board, the Club Website, Social Media or simply ask in the Pro’s Shop.
Competition Regulations for Junior Boys
- Boys with handicaps of 15 or less may enter the Michael Philips Salver, the W H Berridge Trophy and the Scratch Cup.
- Boys with handicaps of 15 or less may also enter other Club Medal / Stableford competitions but for handicap purposes and only if there are times available. (see note d).
- Boys with handicaps of 28 or less may enter Monthly Medal competitions only if there are times available. (see note d).
- In order that Full Playing Members have priority Boys shall not enter their names onto competition entry sheets during the months of March and April any earlier than seven days prior to the competition date.
- Boys may not enter Club Knock-out competitions with the exeception of the Scratch Cup.
- Boys entering Medal or Club Competitions must play with a full, intermediate or 5 day member and they may not enter any sweep or 2's club. They pay only to enter the competition.
Competition Regulations for Girls
- Girls may not enter the following mixed competitions: John Hornby Mixed Knock-out Trophy, the Alf Shouler Jubilee Bowl, the Muir Curtis Cup or the Anniversary Mixed Foresomes.
- All other Regulations applying to Girls playing in Ladies Competitions shall be determined and published by the Ladies Section of the Club.
Most Important – Enjoy your Golf!